Your financial plan & investments should be based on your life and goals, not some impersonal benchmarks. Financial Planning is the first step towards responsible investing and meeting your life goals through the proper management of your finances.
Life goals can include buying a house, saving for your child’s higher education or marriage, saving for a house, building corpus for dream vacations or car, or planning for retirement. The Financial Planning help you take a ‘big picture’ look at where you are currently. what you may need in the future and what you must do to reach your goals.
Benefits of Financial Plan:
- It covers all aspects of your financial life including Investments, Insurance, Tax planning, Goals.
- Clearly identifies and prioritises goals and proposes ways to achieve them.
- Provides a way to measure and track performance.
- Tells you what is not possible. No false hopes.
- Highlights past mistakes and helps you fix them.
Financial Plan provides direction and meaning to your financial decisions.
It allows you to understand how each financial decision you make affects other areas of your finances.
Look at each financial decision as part of the whole, you can consider its short and long-term effects on your life goals. You can also adapt more easily to life changes and feel more secure that your goals are on track.
Common Mistakes in Building a Financial Plan:
- Not taking a financial planning professional’s help.
- Relying on friends and relatives for financial planning.
- Assuming experts such as Chartered Accountant and Insurance Professionals can plan your finances.
- Purchasing wrong financial products in the process of saving taxes.
- Not reviewing the plan regularly.